SABINA is an EU funded H2020 research and innovation project that aims to develop new technology and financial models to connect, control and actively manage generation and storage assets to exploit synergies between electrical flexibility and the thermal inertia of buildings.
SABINA training activities
Besides the R&D progress, the important aspects for the SABINA consortium are training activities. The target group for the training will be especially energy managers and professionals. Well educated professionals in this domain are a prerequisite for a successful and effective energy management.
The SABINA training activities will be realized in following domains:
- Tutorials – the tutorials are developed to achieve a specific knowledge in energy management in line with the latest development of the SABINA project.
- Training – the training will be organised for energy managers and professionals as well as for building owners and smart grid operators at validation sites.
- Summer school – the summer school will be organized at one of the test sites at the end of the project and its content will be based on the content developed during its overall course.
The initial content of SABINA tutorials is covering following topics:
- SABINA general introduction – key facts & objectives, test sites, impact
- SABINA key topics:
- High quality models for thermal mass exploitation in buildings
- Model predictive control (MPC) at the building level for the maximisation of the usage of renewable energy
- Novel generation of Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) usage in distribution network
- Aggregator tool managing the available flexibility in the energy market
- Novel business models
- Link to SABINA public DELs and other relevant documents
The content isn’t fixed but will evolve with future development of SABINA project. The current version is more general giving mainly introduction into SABINA project and the topics that have been developed during the first two years of its course. In the future when the tutorials content will be turned into practical workshops, it will be further specified based on the targeted audience of the trainings.
In case of any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at bajarova(at)amires.eu.